Volunteer at The Banyan!
Volunteers are welcome
Volunteers must apply to The Banyan to ensure that we get the information that we need to match our expectations and yours. We want to give our volunteers a wonderful, life-enriching experience while at the same time gaining from their experience and skills.
We look for volunteers who are pro-active, enthusiastic and hard working. Volunteers have made such an invaluable contribution to The Banyan's work in the past and we are always looking for fresh ideas and skills.
Once volunteers have been accepted by our team, they are asked to come in and discuss the role with our volunteer co-coordinator. Volunteers are given the opportunity to have a day long orientation and visit all the project sites. This can give volunteers great insight into the work The Banyan does and inspire them as to what and where their skills are most useful.
Many volunteers become long term friends of The Banyan and continue contact even after their volunteering experience. Some have never left!
We need volunteers
- Administrative Tasks
- To spend time with our long-term residents
- Run vocational training workshops
- Run skills workshops (e.g. hygiene, grooming)
- Run nutrition and cooking workshops
- Plan outings (e.g. picnics) for our residents
- Research writing
- Data collection
- Translating documents into local language (e.g. Tamil, Kanada, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam)
- Interior design for our living spaces
- Photography & Videography